Full Time (40 h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 50.000* gross/year
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
As part of our IT infrastructure team, which provides our on-premises networks & servers, you will work on the server-systems based on Microsoft operating systems. Most of our systems run virtual on a VMware infrastructure, which you will take care of as well. Because of the changing demands of our internal customers, developing and providing new services (e.g. VDI) is also a big part of this position.
- Participate in design, deployment, and maintenance of IT systems and services – especially for Windows servers and VMware virtualization
- Provide 2nd level and 3rd Level IT support for our users
- Respond to software and hardware outages; provide end-user documentation
- Implement and maintain scripts for automated systems management
- Document configuration of servers, services, and applications
- Several years of work experience as a Systems Engineer for Windows/VMware
- Profound knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and applications (AD, Exchange, etc.) and some experience with Linux systems
- Expertise as VMware administrator as well as some hands-on knowledge providing VDI
- Understanding of basic networking principles: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, and Switching
- Experience with automated systems management and scripting languages
- Some understanding of container technologies and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Used to working with and within common IT service management and/or IT security frameworks (ITIL, IS0 27001, etc.)
- Good command of the English language
- Education & training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.