The Department of Crop Sciences, Institute of Agronomy is currently seeking a
Postgraduate Research Associate
(Reference code: 94)
Extent of employment:
40 hours per week
Duration of employment:
1st of September 2021, limited to 31st of August 2024
UFT-Tulln, 3430 Tulln, Konrad-Lorenz-Straße 24
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff
(payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.971,50
The PhD student will participate in the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) European Innovative Training Network RecaP (Capture, Recycling and Societal Management of Phosphorus in the Environment) within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission (Agreement No. 956454). Within this project the successful candidate will hold a three-year PhD position in plant nutrition and nutrient cycling at the Institute of Agronomy, Department of Crop Sciences of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria. The title of the research project is “Tailored cover crop mixtures for efficient mobilization of soil legacy P”.
The specific tasks of the position are
- Characterize cover crop species and mixtures for their phosphorus solubilization efficiency
- Compose and test cover crop mixtures with the aim of increasing the availability of soil P for the following crop
- Perform research stays at project partner institutions during secondments of up to 3 months duration
- Take part in the frequent student training activities within the RecaP project
- Publish the results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Required skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Crop Sciences, Soil Science, Agriculture or other equivalent university degree
- Excellent command of English (orally and written)
- Stress resilience, reliability
- Social- and teamworking skills
- Appropriate driving license to drive cars in Austria (driving license B)
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Experience in scientific writing
- Experience in plant nutrition, nutrient cycling and soil science research
Applications can be submitted until: 1st of June 2021
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl.
- motivation letter (describing your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project)
- Curriculum vitae including personal contact information and previous employment
- A list of scientific publications on which the applicant wishes to rely (if available)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A letter, signed by the candidate, confirming that:
- The candidate has not resided in Austria for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
- The candidate is an early-stage researcher (i.e. in the first four years of research career and do not have a doctoral degree)
- The candidate holds a master’s degree in a relevant discipline, or will receive this before appointment date
to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: email@example.com. (Reference code: 94)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.