Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 2.800* gross/month
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
We’re looking for a System Administrator to join our IT infrastructure team. In this position you will be maintaining our existing server infrastructure and implement new systems and services.
- Participate in design, deployment and maintenance of IT systems and services – especially for Windows servers and VMware virtualization
- Provide 2nd-level and 3rd-level IT support for our users
- Respond to software and hardware outages
- Implement and maintain scripts for automated systems management
- Document configuration of servers, services and applications; provide end-user documentation
- Education and/or first experience as a System Administrator
- Profound knowledge of Windows Servers (incl. AD & Exchange) and at least first experiences with Linux servers
- Understanding basic principles of networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing and Switching
- Knowledge of scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Some experience with common virtualization technologies
- Experience working with and within common IT service management and/or IT security frameworks
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Very good command of the English language
- Education & Training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.