Full Time (40h/w) – Limited until February 28th, 2023
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 2,000* gross/month
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
The Novarino group studies the function of epilepsy, intellectual disability, and autism-causing genes at the system, cellular, and molecular levels with the goal of providing a framework for the development of effective pharmacological therapies and the background for the understanding of new pathological genetic variants.
- Handling, recovering, and culture of mouse embryos
- Performing zygote microinjection (e.g. cytoplasmic and pronuclear injection)
- Performing blastocyst injection
- Responsible for embryo transfer applications
- In utero electroporation
- Brain injections in embryos and neo-born animals
- Applying cloning techniques
- University degree in Life Science/Molecular Biology or related field
- Proven experience in zygote microinjection techniques (e.g. cytoplasmic and pronuclear injection) as well as experience in PCR and (mouse) cloning
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Proactive personality and solution-oriented approach
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; high degree of reliability
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and multi-task
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Education & Training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.