The Laboratory for Flavours and Metabolites is looking for the research project HEUMILCH “Chemical markers in milk for the detection of silage addition in the feed of dairy cows” (funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 Investments in Growth and Employment – project FESR1129 – CUP H36H19000000007) for a highly motivated
Researcher / Scientist (m/f) Code HEU.19-AL-02.3
The areas of responsibility are as follows:
Main tasks include the optimization of a gas chromatographic method coupled to a mass spectrometer (GC-MS) for the analysis of specific markers (Cyclopropane fatty acids - CPFA) in milk and silage samples. Analysis of milk and silage samples according to experimental design of the project, including sample preparation, evaluation of results, reporting and writing of papers.
MSc in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Pharmacy or similar (completed university studies of at least four years attested by a diploma).
Desired additional competences:
- Experience in gas chromatography
- Experience in mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of sample preparation (e.g. extraction methods)
- Knowledge of data analysis and software tools for data analysis
- Evaluation of non-destructive spectral data (e.g. MIRS or NIRS)
- Relevant knowledge in the field of dairy processing, livestock- and grassland management
- Pertinent PhD, Post-Doc or work experience are an advantage
- Fluent in German and / or Italian (can be evaluated during the interview)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (can be evaluated during the interview)
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Candidates should be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess good team-working skills
Contract duration: until 31.12.2021, full time
Application must arrive by and not later than October 31st 2019, 12.00 a.m.
We look forward to receiving your application including letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months), letter(s) of recommendation and publication list. Please quote the title of the relevant reference code of the position, indicate the earliest date you could start if appointed and send your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
Your application must include a copy of a valid identity ID, unless the application is submitted personally by the applicant.
Please note: If the Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months, please indicate the date) and a valid ID are not submitted within the application deadline stated above, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
It is a full-time position at Laimburg Research Centre. Your regular place of work will be the Laboratory for Flavours and Metabolites (c/o NOI Techpark Bolzano/Bozen), Laimburg Research Centre. Classification is based on the category "employee" according to the Agricultural collective agreement. The general rules for temporary jobs at the Laimburg Research Centre are described in the framework call, available at http://www.laimburg.it/de/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp.
General requirements for admission to the proceedings:
- full possession of the political and civil rights
- full possession of the legal conditions and permits which allow an employment relationship in Italy
- no criminal convictions or legal proceedings for criminal offences
For more information please visit our homepage www.laimburg.it or contact us by mail: Dr. Daniela Eisenstecken firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data treatment: The subject responsible for data treatment is Laimburg Research Centre, which will process the data through computer and paper-based systems for the purposes of recruitment. The data protection officer of Laimburg Research Centre can be contacted by e-mail (PEC) email@example.com or by telephone, +39 0471 920 141. At the beginning of the procedure, personal data are processed exclusively by the staff authorized by Laimburg Research Centre. All informations are available on the website of Laimburg Research Centre, section “Transparent Administration / human resources” (http://www.laimburg.it/de/suche-seite.asp?404;en/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp).
Equal opportunities: The position is open to both genders, Law n. 903, 9/12/1977, art. 1. The policy and practice of the Laimburg Research Centre require that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment.