Wood K plus (Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH) is a leading research institute in the area wood and wood-related renewable resources.
Our team, Market Analysis & Innovation Research (MAIF) based at Feistmantelstraße 4, 1180 Vienna, is looking for a
Junior Researcher (40h) for a Dissertation (PhD) at BOKU
We conduct research at the interface of technology and economy in order to provide customized information to shape innovation processes and support our research partners on issues of the market. The societal perceptions and requirements considering the forest based economic sector have changed. Increased environmental awareness and interest towards sustainable development represent new challenges for sustainability assessments throughout global value chains of the forest based economic sector.
We are looking for a junior researcher to investigate on methodological drivers and trends of quantified environmental assessments relevant for wood based value chains. In a cooperative research project your task is to map and analyze relevant sustainability assessment methodologies and multi-stakeholder initiatives. Case examples should be studied with respect to interrelations between problems from different Actors’ perspectives and company settings—such as burden shifting and their influence on problem complexes.
- Study of methodological approaches and actors networks development of adequate research design Independent collection & analysis of data
- Publication activities in peer-reviewed journals
- Presentations at scientific conferences
- CO-Supervision of Master Theses
- Completed Master’s degree in a field of study related to the quantification of environmental impacts, social sciences, systems analysis, forestry or natural resources management
- Knowledge of LCA, sustainability assessments or social network analysis
- English language proficiency
- Experience in literature research and analysis
Other desired qualifications
- Interested in the topics carbon accounting, land use change and biodiversity
- Interested in following current methodological developments and policy implications
- Experience in academic writing (e.g. own publications)
- Project management skills and team player
- Full commitment to research and willingness to learn
What we offer
- Full-time employment (40h/week) starting from September 2019
- Supervision of PhD thesis through Wood K plus and BOKU Institute of Marketing and Innovation (Dr. Franziska Hesser, Prof. Tobias Stern)
- Working in a diverse and dynamic research team
- Cooperation with industry partners
- Possibilities for further education
- Flexible working hours
- Payment from 2.200,- EUR brutto.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your application including
- Letter of motivation
- Research concept on how you would address the research problem focusing on the methodological approach (max. 3 pages)
- Certificate Master’s degree
- Copy of Master Thesis
- Publications and/or working papers (if available)
to Dr. Franziska Hesser email@example.com (Tel.: (01) 47654-73518, www.woodkplus.at) until 18.8.2019. Please, combine the letter of motivation, CV, research concept, and certificate of Master’s degree into one PDF.