STUDENT TRAINEESHIPS Pan-European Seal Internships for science and engineering students
The purpose of the Pan-European Seal Programme is to early spot IP talent among Europe's brightest and highest-achieving graduates. Targeting young aspiring IP professionals, it offers them one year-long paid internship posts starting beginning of October (selected candidates will be informed at a later stage of the precise date for the beginning of the internship).
Training takes place at the EPO and interns are paid a monthly training allowance.
A dedicated training programme will be offered throughout the year including specific IP training, e-learning, career guidance and language courses.
Requirements: Candidates can only be accepted if proposed by their university, which must be a member of the Pan-European Seal Network. Only online applications of candidates included in the partner University shortlists will be considered.
Candidates are required to submit their application including the documents indicated below:
- Motivation letter, clearly indicating the choice of internship location (EPO or EUIPO);
- Degree/Master diploma or proof of conclusion, indicating the final grade
- hold a bachelor's/master's degree (or have completed university studies at an equivalent level) in a technical field (i.e. chemical/mechanical/computer engineering, telecom, materials science, electronics, statistics or data analysis) obtained no more than two years prior to the date of application or currently be enrolled at a university for a further degree;
- have a very good knowledge of technical English; knowledge of technical German and/or technical French may be required for some technical fields
- indicate on their CV or in their motivation letter three to five CPC classes or sub-classes in their field of competence (See EspaceNet > http://worldwide.espacenet.com/?locale=en_EP)
- have completed at least the following two online EPO e-learning courses with certificate:
- “Introduction to the European patent system” and
- “Using CPC”
Monthly remuneration of EUR 1.400,- for interns starting at the EPO; 40 hours a week; Munich, The Hague
Dedicated training programme is offered throughout the year including specific IP training, e-learning and language courses
Opportunities to network with potential recruiters, e.g., external companies at the IP Campus:
Anmeldung/Bewerbung erfolgt über firstname.lastname@example.org bis 07.04.2016